THE ACADEMY OF DENTAL HYGIENE STUDIES
- Formed in 1979.
- Platform to encourage its members to go above and beyond the mandatory number of CE required for
their license renewals.
- Academy members value education enough to take more CE than required which shows well on your
- CE courses taken need to be approved by the Pennsylvania Academy of Dental Hygiene Studies to
continue your Academy membership with each license renewal period.
- Forms are attached below to submit for Independent Study consideration and approval if the CE was not
a PA Academy approved course.
- New members are received and inducted at the Academy meeting held during PDHA Annual
- Certificate of Membership and Academy Pin
- Reduced fees for all continuing education courses sponsored by the PDHA and approved by the
- Letter of recommendation upon request
Candidates are required to complete the Academy New Member Application DOWNLOAD APPLICATION
Current Academy members interested in applying for Distinguished Member status (eligible after being
a General Member for 5 years) DOWNLOAD APPLICATION
Academy Board of Directors
Laura DeHennis- Chair 2022
Rosetta Mazurkewicz 2022
Angie Mc Dougal 2022
Dana Shaffer 2022
Carol Fortney 2023
Lorraine Lockawich 2023
Cindy Workman 2023
Barb Reiprich- Course Accreditation
Consider joining the Academy as a New Member or changing to a Distinguished Member TODAY!
We welcome your support of PDHA and your dedication to the Dental Hygiene profession!!!
Any questions: contact Laura DeHennis-Chair firstname.lastname@example.org
Academy Course Approval
Any organization can submit their course for consideration by the Academy of Dental Hygiene Studies. The Academy Course Approval Packet forms must be completed in their entirety and all requested information must be submitted.
Contact Barbara Reiprich at email@example.com for an application.
1. Course should be submitted at least 45 days prior to the date of the course.
2. Business meetings, announcements, lunches, and breaks will not be counted in the number of hours awarded credit.
3. Courses should be submitted for approval prior to publication of the course to avoid miscommunication/embarrassment. Not all courses are approved for credit or for the number of hours requested.
4. Failure to comply with the stated guidelines may result in failure to obtain CEUs.
5. Make check payable to: PDHA. Fee schedule on application form.