Northeast Component Member Updates Board Of Trustees Meeting 7/25/2020 Platform Zoom
PDHA MISSION STATEMENT
To improve the public’s total health, the mission of the PDHA is to advance the art and science of dental hygiene by ensuring access to quality oral health care, increasing awareness of the cost-effective benefits of prevention, promot- ing the highest standards of dental hygiene education, licensure, practice and research and representing and promot- ing the interests of dental hygienists.
- Achieve autonomy of dental hygiene education, licensure and practice.
- Promote consumer advocacy in oral health care as part of total health.
- Serve as the recognized authority for the profession of dental hygiene.
Hello PDHA Members! I hope you are all staying safe and healthy during this unprecedented time. We want to share all that is going on within our Association and updates from our most recent online Board of Trustees Meeting held via Zoom on Saturday 7/25/2020.
PDHA has been working hard to keep updated on the most current information and communicating with organizations, government agencies, individuals and hygienists across the state to advocate for the safe- ty and fair labor treatment of hygienists in Pennsylvania. We have been able to post resources for hygienists on our Web page and Social Media Platforms please keep an eye out for the information as it becomes available. ( See Website and Social media Links Be- low)
Northeast Component Meetings Jacey Mitchell Northeast Administrative Chair is doing a fabulous job pulling our component together. She has arranged for NE component meetings quarterly to keep us ALL in the know. Please join us for upcoming meetings hosted via Zoom May 10,2020 ~ August 9,2020 ~ October 11, 2020
News to Share Happy Hour~ We will be hosting our first virtual Dental Hygiene Happy Hour Tuesday 4/28 at 7:00PM we hope you can make it!! For more information please visit http://pdhaonline.org/dental-hygiene-happy-hour/
Membership Dues~ Quarterly payments have been moved from April to May 27,2020 August due date has not changed
Videos~ Check out PDHAonline.Org for videos from our PDHA Team and Dental Hygiene students.
AHDA Annual Session 2020~ Due to the enduring impacts of COVID-19, we have made the very difficult decision to cancel our in-person Annual Conference Although we can’t be together in person, we can unite from the comfort of home for the first-ever ADHA Virtual Conference, Friday, June 26 – Sunday, June 28. Registration for the ADHA Virtual Conference opens Wednesday, April 29.
If you have registered for the ADHA Annual Session PLEASE hold off on cancellation of registration, hotel and flights due to Force Majeure in effect. ADHA will share information and walk everyone through the cancellation process. if you have any questions or concerns please send inquiries to PDHA@Outlook.Com
COVID-19~ For the most reliable and up to date information we suggest visiting the Department of Health website www.health.pa.gov/topics/disease/coronavirus
Worth The Wait Your health and safety are of paramount importance. We thank you for your understanding during this challenging time. The following events have been postponed but will be worth the wait!
- The Leadership Development Retreat has been postponed until April 2021. Keep an eye out for regis- tration. https://www.cezoom.com/registration/?plan=703 • PHDHP Symposium has been postponed until May 2021. You should have received cancellation an- nouncements and refunds by now. Please remember to cancel hotel and travel reservations. • The PCOH Basic Screening Survey (BSS) Program is postponed until 2021-2022 school year as a
result they are not accepting applications for PHDHP screeners and holding a training this year they are looking forward to releasing a similar ask next spring and will retain all of those applications al- ready received.
More News • Governor Wolf signed Senate Bill 422 which rescheduled the PA Primary election from April 28 to June 2 due to the COVID-19 emergency. Voters have the option to vote by mail-in-ballot rather than going to their polling location on election day. Mail in ballots applications will be accepted through Tuesday, May 26, 2020. Get more info here: https://www.votespa.com/Voting-in-Pa/pages/mail-and-Absentee-Bal- lot.aspx
- Governor Wolf granted the Department of State’s request to suspend restrictions on distance learning for continuing education requirements for State Board of Dentistry licensees ( Dentists, dental hygien- ists, and expanded functions dental assistants )for the current renewal period. Please check out our website and social media pages for a variety of online courses available.
- Course information & Registration can be found at: https://www.cezoom.com/events/?course=4766 Please note when registering for courses via CeZoom platform you will be prompted to create a profile it is strongly encouraged to enter your member email address and PDHA Member ID # to ensure you are receiving member discounted rates for all courses hosted through CEZoom.
- The State Board fo Dentistry has waived any requirement for “Hands On” CPR certification &/or Recer- tification be obtained via traditional methods. The board will accept completion of online CPR certifica- tion for the interim. Anyone in need of CPR certification now through December 31, 2020 can complete an online CPR course. Please note for renewals due after 12/31/2020 will return to the existing regu- lation.
- Our Public Health Committee will be conducting a state wide survey in the near future. In the event our state meets the same as New York and Washington States requesting the need for dental profession- als to lend support to the medical communities on the front lines.The survey will allow for us to answer
the call to action and understand the number of dental professionals willing and available to answer the call. • Academy of Dental Hygiene your participation not only benefits you, but it states to your patients and colleagues that you value education itself and care enough to continue staying current within your cho- sen profession. Interested Candidates are required to complete the Academy new member applica- tion.https://mailchi.mp/aa01b11efe9e/message-from-the-president-1545566?e=8a6f1db237
- Save the Dates 2020: May 10,2020 Northeast Component Zoom Meeting 7pm JMitchell923@Comcast.Net
May 15, 2020 State Board of Dentistry Meetings Harrisburg, Pa ST-DENTISTRY@PA.GOV
June 13-14 ADHA Virtual Business Meeting https://www.adha2020.org/registration-information/
June 26-28 ADHA Virtual Conference /Annual Session https://www.adha2020.org/registration-information/
July 10 State Board of Dentistry Meetings Harrisburg, Pa ST-DENTISTRY@PA.GOV
July 24-26 Summer PDHA Board of Trustees Meeting Hilton Garden Inn State College PDHA@Outlook.Com
August 9, 2020 Northeast Component Meeting via Zoom 7pm JMitchell923@Comcaast.Net
September 11 State Board of Dentistry Meetings Harrisburg, Pa ST-DENTISTRY@PA.GOV
TBD PDHA Annual Session Keystone Dental Health Conference Doubletree Monroeville, Pa firstname.lastname@example.org
October 11, 2020 Northeast Component Meeting Via Zoom 7pm JMitchell923@Comcast.Net
November 13 State Board of Dentistry Meetings Harrisburg, Pa ST-DENTISTRY@PA.GOV
Website & Social Media links PDHA Website http://pdhaonline.org/
PDHA Facebook //www.facebook.com/padentalhygienists
PDHA Instagram https://www.instagram.com/adha_pennsylvania
PDHA Twitter https://twitter.com/ADHAPennsylvan1
PDHA LinkedIn http://linkedin.com/company/adha-pennsylvania/
PDHA Northeast Component Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/NEPDHA
ADHA Website. http://www.adha.org/
ADHA Member Log In. https://mymembership.adha.org/
PRESIDENT Linda Straub-Bruce, RDH, BSEd, PHDHP Email: LStraub@velocity.net
PRESIDENT-ELECT Sarah Goard, RDH, BS Email: email@example.com
NORTHEAST COMPONENT TRUSTEES Sector 7: Erin Heap, RDH, BSDH, PHDHP Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Columbia, Lycoming, Montour, Northumberland, Snyder, Tioga and Union counties
Sector 8: Beth Frushon, RDH, BS, PHDH Email: email@example.com Bradford, Lackawanna, Luzerne, Sullivan, Susquehanna, Wayne and Wyoming
Sector 9: Cynthia Workman, RDH, BS Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Carbon, Lehigh, Monroe, Northampton and Pike
Northeast Component: Admin Chair: Jacey Mitchell, RDH, MS Email: email@example.com
Update emails come from PDHACommunications@gmail.com , please add this address to your safe senders list. If you did not receive it, please log into your ADHA member page (at https://mymember- ship.adha.org ) and make sure your current email is on file.
Thank you for your membership and your continued support of your profession’s organization. Your on- going support and involvement means so much to us, and your dues play a critical role in helping us con- tinue to grow and support our profession!
It takes a village and your contributions are so very appreciated
Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your BALANCE, you must keep moving~ Albert Einstein
Beth Frushon RDH, BS, PHDHP PDHA Northeast Trustee & Public Health Chair